lundi 10 mars 2014

Shark

Ok. Let's talk about Shark. The only Japanese drama I'm watching right now. Actually, I have other jdramas on my list to watch but I want to finish some of the dramas on my list: watching right now. Like I Need Romance 3.
Anyway.
So Shark. You can find the usual, y'know number of episodes and the cast and all, on dramawiki or asianwiki. Ain't gonna do their work. And you probably already researched everything about it.
First of all, I started this drama believing it was a remake of the korean drama: Shut Up! Flower Boyband.
Well, the only thing that is remotely similar is the fact that the band wants to change the world with their music, that the leader, aka the main voice, dies at the very beginning of the drama and... That is all.
Actually, this drama deals about the hardship the members of the jrock band Shark go through after the death of their leader. Their manager, a pretty annoying woman, is the only one who believes in them. Since there aren't any main voice, and the only one who can sing in the band really sucks at it and doesn't have the rock'n'roll vibes, the manager doesn't have other choice than to find a new vocalist. That guy, the main character is really funny and talks about himself as Ore-Sama (kinda "Almighty Me"). That is probably why I love him. He keeps talking like he doesn't care about the band but actually he really cares. But the other members don't want him. So in each episode, Mizuki, the Ore-Sama guy, and the manager try to persuade the members to not quit the band. Mizuki played by a Johnny's, Hirano Sho, can be such an ass but in the end of the episode, he wins the heart of a member. So every episodes concentrate on one member. We learn about them at the same time as Mizuki. We get attached to the band and to their music. Which is really good. Not "wow that is rock'n'roll baaaabe" kind, but more like "hey I like it, NANANANANANA I DON'T KNOW THE LYRICS NAAA WE NEVER GIVE UUUUP!"
I also like the way it is filmed. For example, when the ex leader is going to his death, the last time we see him is when he turns to the door where there is a lot of lights, like the heavens door. I knew then that he was going to die.
Sometimes, there are boys touching boys while singing/playing guitar that made my mind go crazy. It's not like BoysXBoys or bromance style, but still, on stage it looks pretty cool/hot/funny/adorable/and whatever feelings it gives you seeing that kind of scenes.
However, there is a lack of interesting girl character in the drama. There are only three girls that we see often. The first, the manager who's name is Ichika, I don't really like her. I don't even know why. I just found her annoying. Like the other manager that works in the same agency as her. If I could, I would make them disappear, they are useless. The only girl character who is interesting is Mizuki's friend: Miku. I wish Mizuki and Miku will end together. She seems to be the only one who really understands and knows Mizuki. Probably because she knows him for a long time now. But I really like how Mizuki reacts to what she says and all. She is the only one from Mizuki's past, before Shark The Band. She seems to know a lot about him, and since he keeps something from everyone about his past, she is even more interesting. Because she is the only character who knows.
Unfortunately, only 6 episodes are available right now in vosta. Even though 9 were aired. I really hope we can get the subtitles really quick.
And so, because of that, I still don't know what Mizuki hides...
Aaaargh! It's soooo frustrating!

Updates:

I just watched episode 7 and now I know! I know what Mizuki hides. At first I was thinking: what? Guys, its' s no big deal, seriously. But then, I understood. This whole drama is about being seen by someone. Not be invisible. To be accepted in a group of people. To belong somewhere. 

Without hope, desperation creeps into your head and takes over everything. 

That's the message of the drama. 

About the way it is filmed, once again it is really good. At one point in the beginning of the episode 7, we see the band watching a TV program which talks about: the tragic band Shark. So we learn about Mizuki's past and we see him getting pissed. Then he leaves. He actually goes down the staircase and leaves from a door on the right, while the others stay up. When I watched that scene I knew that the episode will be about Mizuki's past. That we're going to dig into his past. But Mizuki leaves from the right. He doesn't want to talk about his past. He just wants to look ahead, to the futur. That was clever because I don't remember seeing the guys on the second floor of their garage-like-place-totally for rockers before that scene. 
Here it is :


Oh. And I think Miku was going to confess her feelings. But that jerk Mizuki just left right at the moment she opened her mouth to say: "I...". Son of a b****. 

2 commentaires:

  1. First of all, is it bad that what really struck my attention in this review is the fact that it has "Almighty Me" in it?
    Anyway, great review! It makes me want to go watch the episodes available that I haven't watched yet (so episodes 2 to 6...). But I might just wait 'til all episodes are available. We'll see. Also, from what I have seen, I like the way it's filmed too. Like the exemple you gave from the first episode, it was a really good symbole for death.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks!
      Nope, it's not bad. I kinda understand you. I think I am attracted to Mizuki because, well he thinks of himself as Sama.
      Yeah, it's really well filmed. They are so much examples but I can't talk about every one of them !

      Supprimer