jeudi 20 mars 2014

Lee Jun Ki

Today's post will be about one of my favorite actors, Lee Jun Ki.

Jun Ki, aged 31, has in his filmography pretty amazing dramas. Back from the army since two years ago, he continues his rise in the drama industry.

Here a list of his works. (Only dramas, I am not going to talk about movies. So, I'm not listing them)

-Nonstop 4 (guest appearance) (MBC, 2003)
-Drama City: What Should I Do? (KBS2, 2004)
-Star's Echo (MBC, 2004)
-My Girl (SBS, 2005)
-The 101st Proposal (cameo) (SBS, 2006)
-Time Between Dog and Wolf (MBC, 2007)
-Iljimae (SBS, 2008)Hero (MBC, 2009)
-Arang and the Magistrate (MBC, 2012)
-Two Weeks (MBC, 2013)

(Thank you Wikipedia for these informations)

Besides the first three dramas I've watched them all.

And in my opinion the best of the best are Arang and the Magistrate and Two Weeks.

In Arang and the Magistrate, he played a serious magistrate who could be playful and cute. (The final scene is the cutest scene ever)
In Two Weeks he was a desperate-to-save-his-daughter father.

In both dramas he showed us how much he improved from his drama My Girl. I already find him amazing in Between Dog and Wolf and Iljimae. But seriously, Two Weeks guys. Wow.

Jun Ki can play both the playboy/bad boy and the sensitive guy so romantic.
Two Weeks was amazing because Jun Ki's role was about a normal guy. A normal guy who took the wrong path when he was younger. He didn't have an easy childhood either, so even though it's not an excuse, it's still explains his wrong choices. But when he is confronted to reality, the fact that he was used like a piece of garbage, that now he is a father and as a father he needs to protect his daughter, he does what normal people, real people, you and me, would do: he uses every tricks he learned through movies. He needs to disguise? Easy just wear a hat and glasses. But, don't forget he is a normal human being. So at first he would feel scared. Then courageous because he escaped once so it means he could do it again. However, resisting this for two weeks? It's like he's living in hell. So yeah, his nerves got the better of him. He starts talking to his daughter in his head. Because he doesn't have anyone to talk to. Doesn't have anyone to say to him: "it's ok, you're going fine." It's two long weeks. I don't think it would've been normal not to see him cry once. He is a hero, yes, but he's not a superhero like in the comics. The Bad Guys are destroying him from the inside. But he doesn't give up. His daughter is so important to him.
Thus, the ending isn't a surprise. (Happy ending guys. Don't worry). After what he went through he needs a time to get himself together.

Since it's been a long time that I watched the drama, I can't tell you how it's filmed. But the plot itself is sufficient to put it on your list : to watch.

About Arang and the Magistrate, I have to admit I watched it twice. If you want a long review about it just ask. Right now, I'm in class. Bored to death and have a lot of time in my hands, but if my teacher finds me writing a review I'm screwed.
Anyway. Just a reminder about the story: In Joseon time, Jun Ki is looking for his mom and he has the ability to see ghosts. Shin Min Ah plays the role of Arang the ghost. She doesn't know who she is and asks help from Jun Ki. He finally agrees to help him, because she has the hair pin of his mother and needs her help to find out about his mother. They start falling in love for each other, but hehe! She's a ghost. Thankfully the gods are on their side. Well the god Jade is. So she comes back from the dead. (I liked the fact that she came back naked in the water. She is reborned)
Jun Ki shows us his martial arts abilities through out the drama. (Oh God. He is so sexy even with his Joseon style hat). He shows us that he can express a lot with his eyes. They are so soulful. Those damn eyes.
I don't speak Korean but with my amateur ears I think he did a pretty amazing job with his accent and voice so it corresponds to the Joseon era.
And there were a real alchemy between him and Shin Min Ah.
And if I watched it twice, it means there are a lot of things in this drama, and I really love it. (Not my "favorite favorite". There are other dramas that I watched thrice in a year.)

Yeah and that's all... I should probably get back to what my teacher says.

And don't forget folks! I watch tons of dramas per week. I try to watch every new episodes at the very moment they are online. But I still have a life. And I live in Paris, which means there are a lot of things to do here. So don't expect me to post everyday.

Anyway, if you want me to do a review about a specific drama, ask me. Even if it's something I don't know, I'm willing to watch it!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire